Wednesday, March 16, 2011

not really goodbye

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit... Matthew 28:19

Student ministry at Momentum will miss our friend and leader, Erin. I know it's definitely not goodbye, and I am so inspired and moved by the courage it takes to do what she is doing. The people of Lakewood are very lucky indeed to get such a great group of people, and I know that lives will be changed by the work that God will be doing in that city!

I love that my church is a multiplying church, encouraging people to always move forward in their relationship with God, taking steps that other people may think are crazy, doing things they don't understand. But the reality is, we aren't breaking our church by sending people to other cities; we're fortifying it, growing it, and showing our love for the people of this world. It's definitely not easy to lose these people, but why should it be? Challenges change us, grow us, move us, shake us, for the better.

Erin, you have such amazing things before you, I love seeing God work through you, and I love YOU and all that you have ever done for me. I am so lucky to know you! Thank you for your ENCOURAGEMENT for me, all the times you have taught me, and all the things you will teach me in the future!

1 comment: