Wednesday, October 5, 2011

rolling in the deep

Psalm 42:2
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God,
When can I go and meet with God?

Psalm 42:7
Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.

I often feel like I'm "rolling in the deep"(thank you, Adele). Devastated, depressed, alone, rejected, all the time wondering - why? Why couldn't I have been made this way, why couldn't I be doing this thing? It would all be better then, right?

These are the times, at the bottom of the well, when I'm afraid to let myself thirst for God. I want it my way, not God's way. But as verse 7 says, "deep calls to deep". God is in this deepness with me, even when I'm rejecting him. He's there with me, next to me, telling me, reach out your hand, and I'm all you need.

It's easy to remember this during the high times, but the low, the deep? Not so much.

But here, now, I make a commitment to escape the awfulness of the deep and let God's mighty power sweep over me. I am his, and he'll always rescue me. I can never do this on my own, but because God is always with me, he has saved me, time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment