Monday, January 20, 2014

hunger, made to crave day two

chocolates and cheesecakes
french fries
food
food
food

too many thoughts occupied 
with food

how do i go from this
to craving, yearning, for the courts of
my Lord

desiring
a fullness in my whole soul
top to bottom
Jesus, my Lord

Beginning to read Made to Crave. Also, fasting today and praying for direction for my church. Ironic, maybe, or by design...

As I sit here hungry, I pray for direction for my church community. I pray for God's blessings on all the churches of northeast Ohio. I pray for new leaders and new disciples of Jesus, especially in our student ministry. I pray God increases in my life, and I decrease, especially in my desire to eat unhealthy things and satisfy (try to) my soul with food.

My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God. 
 
Psalm 84:2

No comments:

Post a Comment