Sunday, January 19, 2014

what do I crave? made to crave day one

I've joined an online Bible study going through the book Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst. It's one of those books I've had on my shelf for a long time, but never bothered to read. It's finally time.

I'm sick and tired of leading my life and turning to things like food to comfort and satisfy me. I'm looking to crave so much more - crave my God that created me to worship him. 

I'll be posting my progress, blogging about the book and online activities. Writing more poetry. 

i'm backwards
going the wrong way
typical, usual, i keep playing with
the setbacks

satisfaction in the moment
feel-good on demand

when did i let myself 
crave this and that

empty of me, change me to less
fill me with you, become more of Jesus

i am less, he is more

overcome me, bring me
along the straightest path

to my happiness in you


No comments:

Post a Comment